Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Master Bedroom Re-DO!

Our Master Bedroom was in desperate need of an update. It has seen its fair share of changes over the past few years but nothing too serious. I've mentioned this before but I think it bears repeating, the biggest challenge when decorating a master bedroom is balance. Trying to balance the masculine and feminine to create a relaxing oasis is difficult.

We had new windows installed. I was so glad we replaced the original ones that were as old as the house, yikes!

The walls are Benjamin Moore's Golden Tan. The light blue paisley bed spread is what started it all, then came the lamps; beautiful mercury glass bases with white drum shades. I spied the throw pillow which I thought perfectly incorporated a masculine and rustic element. The wall art above our bed was something that I was searching for and I felt so lucky when I stumbled across it. You can never go wrong with a sunburst mirror. Of course the newly painted dressers were a fabulous and inexpensive addition. The curtains are fantastic! They are a stone/grey colour with a trellis pattern and were exactly what I wanted plus they were on sale! The jute rug used to be in our living room but I think it belongs in this room and adds more texture.
I am so pleased with how well this room came together! It has taken some time for all of the pieces to come together. I am still on the hunt the perfect upholstered headboard.
Stay tuned, a headboard will be joining this room soon!


1 comment:

  1. I cannot get over how different the paint colour looks in each of the photos! What a chameleon!

    ReplyDelete