Wednesday, June 27, 2012

B*tchin' Kitchen

Welcome to my kitchen!
Just an FYI, this may be my longest post...EVER! In order to truly appreciate what has happened, I must accurately document all of our kitchen to show you the good, the bad and the ugly. Except, in this instance it would be the ugly, the bad and then the great!
Join me on this trip down memory lane...
Move in condition at its finest!
A LOT of chaos happening here.
Underneath all of that stuff was this beauty, a counter/table. Perhaps it's a 'co-able'??
Then I came to my senses and realized that we needed a table and the tacky counter/table had to be removed. And they lived happily ever after.
Just kidding, we kept going!
It was a messy job, but the purple tile backsplash was removed along with the white and blue flooring and light blue counter tops. The cupboards were custom made for the kitchen and were real quality so they stayed. When we were in the inital planning stages of this reno, I thought that the cupboards were enemy number 1. But my Mom suggested that once the other dated items were removed, they could become my best friend. She was right.
Our new countertops installed! The curtains were sewn by my Mom.
We installed the backsplash ourselves, it was a very rewarding DIY project.
And now, for the finished project (drum roll please)...
I wanted to add an element of impact around our window. I purchased peel and stick stainless steel tiles from a big box store and cut to size. In the right lighting, you'll know what I'm talking about.
The walls were painted with Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter.
I absolutely adore this colour. It is an all time favourite of mine!
And there you have it, Our B*tchin' Kitchen!
Things I would do again to make this happen: live with all of my appliances in the living room for a week while the floors were being installed, agonize over counter top and flooring samples for an undeterminded amount of days, live without counter tops for several weeks while custom ones were being made and last but not least, dust!
It was 100% worth all of the time and effort.

2 comments:

  1. I love what you have done to your house. You are so creative. I love checking in and seeing what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Drew, you make me laugh.

    Abbey, your blog has definitely inspired me to do some things around my house. You'll have to come over for a visit and see what we've done here!

    ReplyDelete