Thursday, June 7, 2012

Laundry Room Re-DO!

The Laundry Room:
An often overlooked room that deserves some recognition every once in awhile.
I mean it does its share of the dirty work.
When we moved in, our laundry room was suffering from a severe case of "Purple-itis."
Purple-itis, when translated means too much purple. Yes, you can have too much colour and for our laundry room it was too much purple.
Suddenly the lyrics in Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Haze" made so much sense to me!
Even the cupboards and doors fell victim to the purple.

If you look closely, you may catch a glimpse of the old flooring which had gold sparkles.
Once we had moved in and settled, I painted!
I wanted the wall colour to be bright and cheery. I wanted something that would distract from the mundane chore of laundry. I chose Benjamin Moore's Vellum. The curtains were made by my Mom. The window valance actually travelled with me during my university days and the one below the sink used to hang in my Mom's kitchen. I'm not one to shy away from a good recycling opportunity.
All the necessities close at hand, neat and tidy!

Oh look! White trim, cupboards and doors!
I love the storage capacity this room has. My vacuum and cleaning supplies are all tucked away out of sight. The counter doubles as a great sorting/folding area.
Check out the flooring!


And I'll close with a salute to my girlfriends and their sense of humour. An old bachelorette gift comes in pretty handy when I'm tending to the tidiness of my home. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment