Sunday, May 6, 2012

We have a Headboard!

Hi Everyone! It's been a while since my last post but things have been busy. 
Recently, we made a trip to Ikea...
And I am happy to report, we finally have a headboard!
I was searching for the perfect upholstered headboard and found it at Ikea!
After a lot of online browsing, I stumbled across this gem and knew it was the one. 
My husband and I navigated our way through the store, following the large blue arrows with tiny pencil in hand.
We managed to get the huge box home and even survived the assembly instructions!
The headboard is a lovely light grey material which complements the golden tan walls really well.
I love the tufts and clean lines!
The Bekkestua is perfect!
Sadly, we did not have the meatballs.

7 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Looks great. Did you buy the bed too or just the headboard? If just the headboard, did it secure to the bed frame rails or did you attach it the wall? I really like this headboard but dont need the entire bed. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the mattress slide off of the box spring (Ikea Sultan Atloy)? Or what prevents it from sliding?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rach,
    Thanks for stopping by! I just purchased the headboard and we attached it to the bed frame. It seems to be working well for us so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you attach your headboard to the frame? We just have a regular bed frame so it doesn't fit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this headboard but don't want to buy the frame. How would I attach it to my wall or my box spring? Ikea employees discouraged me from buying it if I wasn't buying the frame as well. They said it would be impossible to attach it to my existing box spring. What did you do? Please be detailed. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Abbey- Curious - do you have a regular metal rail frame for your mattress?
    I keep reading that I can't attach this headboard to anything but the ikea bedframe.. if so, how did you manage it?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commentators here! platform bed headboard

    ReplyDelete